ELIGIBILITY FOR CVA
All students in grades 6-12 who reside in Columbia County are eligible to enroll in Columbia Virtual Academy.
1. Proof of legal residency in Columbia County.
2. Enrollment in a Columbia County School District middle or high school. You can use this link to type in your home address to determine which schools your child can attend.
3. A completed application for enrollment in the CVA.
4. A completed counselor approval form, ensuring courses requested meet promotion and/or graduation requirements.
5. Access to a computer/device and reliable internet connection.
6. Commitment for a semester enrollment at CVA (two nine-week grading periods).
Review the Profile of a Successful Student to determine if online learning is a good fit for the student, as this model of learning is not for everyone.
View the Course Offerings Page.
Consult with your school counselor about interest in CVA courses.
Complete the 2023 Waitlist Registration Form
For students new to the Columbia County School District, you must first register as a new Columbia County School District student in your zoned middle or high school. Click here to find more information.
For Columbia County Homeschool Students:
Homeschool students living in Columbia County may enroll in the CVA provided the student meets eligibility requirements. Students will enroll full-time at their zoned middle and high schools following CCSD registration requirements, and then they may participate in the CVA courses.