Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The Columbia Virtual Academy (CVA) will provide rigorous, standards-based, personalized instruction in a flexible virtual environment that meets the needs of CVA learners anywhere and anytime.
The Columbia Virtual Academy will be a high-performing virtual option that offers an alternative path for meeting graduation requirements for middle and high school students.
The Goals of CVA Are To:
- Provide better personalized instruction for our students who are capable of being successful virtual learners.
- Allow students greater flexibility to earn credits for graduation.
- Provide all middle and high school students across the district equal access to virtual courses.
- Increase opportunities for all students to pursue virtual learning from Columbia County School District teachers, rather than using other virtual schools outside the school district.
- Provide opportunities for former homeschool and private school students to take advantage of the quality education we have to offer by choosing to learn through the CVA.